Quality, environment, occupational safety and health policy
Reliable link in the transport system, which ensures high-quality performance of services, ecological environment and work safety and health of employees.
- Provide quality stevedoring, warehousing and towing services that meet the requirements of customers and applicable laws and their implementing legislation and stakeholders.
- Ensure that Company personnel have sufficient knowledge of service quality, environmental protection, employee safety and health.
- Maintain procurement policies for suppliers and contractors that improve the environment and the safety and health of workers.
- To ensure that quality, environmental, occupational safety and health policies are understood, relevant and maintained throughout the company, explained to all persons working for or on behalf of the organization and made available to the public and all stakeholders.
- Ensure that persons working for or on behalf of the company and performing work that may have a significant effect on the health of workers and the environment have the necessary competence.
- Perform prevention of injuries, diseases and environment pollution.
- Continuously carry out workplace risk assessment, improve workplace safety conditions, creating a safe and healthy work environment.
- To strive for non-compliance with air, water, soil, pollution standards of the Curonian Lagoon and safe storage and use of chemicals.
- Rational and economical use of natural, material and energy resources.
- Ensure the provision of the resources necessary for the implementation of quality, environmental, occupational safety and health policies and objectives.
- Continuously improve the effectiveness of the management system by ensuring quality, environmental and occupational safety and health objectives. The organisation’s context and actions regarding risks and opportunities are systematically assessed.
With increasing fatal impact upon environment as a result of inappropriate human economic activities, and more stringent environmental legal acts and regulations being enacted, ever increasing environmental standards are being enforced both in Lithuania and worldwide. This calls for reviewing management systems by looking for the ways to create a friendly business management system that would reduce impact on environment. For these purposes the Company developed and certified the Environmental Management System in accordance with the requirements of international ISO14001.
The main objective of the Environmental Management System is to reduce the adverse impact on environment by applying innovative cargo handling techniques and using state-of-the-art equipment.